Internal ECA Activities
Extra curricular activities (ECAs) play an important role in developing the whole child and offering an enriching experience to all students. All students who study at Anfield School will undertake two ECA sessions each week – Monday and Wednesday 3.30-4.30pm as part of the school day. These are led by Anfield School staff and are usually for a 5-6 week block. Students are given the choice of which activities they would like to undertake and are encouraged to challenge themselves with activities that they have not tried before or would like to improve.
The activities offered vary each term and we cater for every interest, from sports, music, arts, technology and crafts to challenges and beyond. Please note that some activities are by invite only, trials may be held for the sports teams and auditions may be held for choir.
The list below demonstrates the range of activities currently offered within school. This list is not definitive, nor is it fixed, as we are continually reviewing our provision in order to meet the needs of our student body. Not all activities are offered for all year groups.
- Sport: Football, Netball, Basketball, Ball Games
- Music: Choir, Garageband, Djembe Group
- STEAM: Art Rage, Coding, Animation
- Art & Design: Cartoon Drawing, Painting, Origami
- Languages: Japanese
- Cultural activities: Chinese Characters, Chinese Children’s Songs, Chinese Geography, Geography
- Health and Wellbeing: Yoga, Dance, Mindfulness
- English: Hong Kong Speech Festival preparation, Spelling & Word games and puzzles, Debate Club, Philosophy for Children
In addition to our school ECAs, we also have activities hosted by external providers on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 3.30-4.30pm. These sessions are offered at an additional fee to parents and usually run for an 8-week block.
The list below demonstrates the range of activities our external providers are currently offering. This list is not definitive, nor is it fixed, as we are continually reviewing our provision in order to meet the needs of our student body.
- Sport: Minisports, Taekwondo, Ballroom Bees, Rockets Football
- Music: Singing, Piano
- Technology: Coding Minecraft, STEAM, Coding Roblox, App Inventors